hit tracker My Vitriol Studio WEBLOG: Drums

My Vitriol Studio WEBLOG

Check in with MV in their London studio, as they track the eagerly anticipated follow up to their critically acclaimed debut album "Finelines". Feel free to leave your comments for the band, below the posts.

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Drums

Hey. We missed out on 'blogging' all the drum tracking so I'm gonna ask Rav to post up here soon. Overall, we spend most of the time in the studio on drums, as they are the hardest to get right by nature of the instrument itself.
That's also what you get for having one great drummer and one wannabe/air drummer in the same band. This time round Rav had a lot more time to learn & rehearse the parts so we spent more time on getting sounds. We cross-referenced to some of our favourite records like Sepultura 'Roots' and Helmet 'Betty' etc.
Rav was beating the crap outta them so we had to keep re-tuning every couple of takes. Generally everything was pretty quick once Rav was warmed into it. I would just piss him off once in a while by deciding a fill could be different at the last minute. Luckily everytime we all agreed it was a change for the better. Sometimes it would give Lars Ulrich a hard-on too. But that was just a bonus. (If you didn't get the joke check out the Metallica movie. You dont have to be a fan either...its a great insight into how bands work in general. Cringe-central at moments. We saw it at the same time as Molko, who agreed in our communal post-mortem that all bands, no matter what level, go through the same shit.)
Anyway, on certain tracks I had programmed the demo drums into ProTools without paying ANY attention to the fact that a human had to play it on the other end. I guess it's pretty fortunate that Ravi can play pretty much anything. And that he has four arms and feet. At least, it sure SOUNDS like it on some of the parts.
Hopefully you'll hear it from the man himself soon
Ciao

S

8 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

You guys SERIOUSLY rule, I saw you 2 years ago in Manchester, anyways get back to me if you can, and I love that 40 second metal track, very Sepultura

November 22, 2004 at 11:47 AM  
Blogger dan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 22, 2004 at 1:55 PM  
Blogger dan said...

(doh! deleted my post by accident, here it is again...)

sounds AWESOME! can't wait to hear a full track, soon i hope!

November 22, 2004 at 2:07 PM  
Blogger No 1 My Vitriol Fan said...

My Vitriol are the best rock band in the world. You fucking rock!!! Hearing the first sample track nearly made me cry. No joke. It was so beautiful to listen to. I need that album now!! My Vitriol are my drug. I love you MV!!!! Does anyone know the release date?!

November 25, 2004 at 10:16 PM  
Blogger MyBrokenJar said...

a really dunno what 2 say except that u guys fuckin are the nuts man!!!hurry the fuck n get 2 glasgow,al take u boys out for a drink n u can help me write my album. cheers

December 1, 2004 at 7:44 PM  
Blogger amacdrummer said...

I enjoyed your drum lesson blog. You might like this website : **LongIslandDrumInstruction.com**

November 19, 2005 at 11:31 AM  
Blogger lemonlime-koolaide said...

Energizing blog. It blew me away and I loved your
site. when I have the time to surf the net, i try
finding blogs as good as your site.
Check out my magnum cash advance blog, please!

January 26, 2006 at 12:18 AM  
Blogger Sammy said...

Hey there My Vitriol, I was looking for an educational
blog experience on advance cash day same and I found your
blog-site. Drums isn’t exactly what I was
searching for but it did get my and interest. Now I
know why I found your excellent blog-site when I was
looking for advance cash day same related information and I’m
glad I did even though its not an exact find. Great
Informative Post, thanks for the read and educational
experience.

May 27, 2006 at 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home